Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Got Water?

I was able to get out and do some fishing this week. I was able to fish an hour or so in the mornings. The creeks are very low at this time. The fish are concentrated in the deeper pools. Here is a fine steelie that I caught on Sunday morning. We covered a lot of water that would normally hold good numbers, but the water was so low no fish were to be found. We finally found them in an old standby pool.
Photobucket
The fish gods were also good to me on Tuesday morning. This fish had three awesome jumps. I was very lucky to land him.
Photobucket

Wednesday morning I landed a Coho and a steelhead in less than a half hour of fishing.
Photobucket

This Coho smashed one of my flo. pink, #3, custom spinners. This fine fish took on my first cast into the hole.
Photobucket

Here is John with a real bruiser.
Photobucket

As usual the Meppsman is putting in a ton of time on the water. He has landed some very nice fish over the past few weeks. Here he is with a real magnum steelhead. This monster took a #3 pink spinner.
Photobucket

Here is 20 month old Caroline with her first custom fishing rod. She is already showing fine form and may be ready for her first encounter with a bluegill soon.
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Guinea said...

Great post Dave!

Dustin's Fly Box said...

those were some pigs! Great job and you got a new follower